Thursday, May 28, 2020

An Apolitical and an ‘uninformed about the facts and realities on the ground' - Written by Vijay Bhatt on Republic Day of India Jan 26, 2020. For Blog posting January 2020

My salute to the flag of India by:
'An Apolitical and an ‘uninformed about the facts and realities on the ground' - Written by Vijay Bhatt on Republic Day of India Jan 26, 2020. For Blog posting January 2020
India I left you decades ago, a harmonious and non-prosperous, a technologically backward and innocent, and a less productive and less controversial, poor but strong, loving, and emotional.
With barely one black rotary phone in my town, let alone multiple mobiles in two pockets of street vendors.
Oh dear we still communicated, meaningfully, with understanding, and that too without any Whatsapp!
From the new land, I wished the best for India, to send technology, money, some of good western values, and an attitude that made the West enhance human productivity.
Wished back home gets the tech, the tools, and the comforts!
On ‘My sleep numbered mattress’, in my sleep, in dreamy nights, danced on the beats of dandia, leaked on sweets of Diwali, and got wet of Holi colors! Woke up with teary nostalgia.
Decades passed, my motherland has almost all that I had wished she has; amenities, gadgets, knowledge, positive attitudes, and comforts for some and a lot more than when I had left her with.
But I still have hope, faith, and dreams:
-though all have mobile phones, for a DIAL-OGUE?
- instead of one channel Doordarshan, and now hundreds of truth telling 'Breaking News' channels, for real news.
-instead of more cars and than roads for a non-bumpy ride!
-instead of talks about more trees masks on the nose to go away.
-even though world’s best possible medical treatment available to a few lucky ones, the unfortunate and for new born to survive in Rajasthan
-the Not loved on Valentine’s Day celebrations, to find affection.
-Literacy rate will to go up though ‘ International schools are for rich, and other schools snatch donations for kids' admissions.
-to read and preserve more 'mother tongue', though local language schools closing.
I want the innocence, the peace, the trust, and the harmony that I left behind.
Ye Mobile bhi lelo, ye Whatsapp bhi lelo, Magar muzko lautado Kandhe Se Kandha Milake' Wo Triranga Jhanda Vandan sab ke sath, Jhul Mila Ke! Sab ke saath Pyaar se!
( take away my mobile phones and my Whatsapp and give back the salute the flag Triranga with togetherness)
I do have a hope, I have a faith I have a dream
- Written by Vijay Bhatt onRepublic Day of India Jan 26, 2020. For Blog posting January 2020.

No comments: